Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011!


Well first off, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Im sad to see 2010 go, but more excited then ever for a New Year! And as a great friend of mine said, 1/1/11 is like a reset button, total fresh start! Our year ended with a bang with a lot happening this last week. I got a call about a job in the city that would be a GREAT oppurtunity for us. I went for an interview on Thursday and I am really hoping to hear back from them this week. It would really help us get back on our feet and start saving! So any good thoughts/prayers are MUCH appreciated :)

2010 brought us alot of heartache, we lost some dear friends and family and it was the year of health issues for both our immediate and extended family. It went from hubs gallbladder in Feb, then back in the hospital for pancreatitis, bedrest for me, to Diva coming almost a month early with a NICU stay, to my gallbladder and subsequent hospitalization for pancreatitis, back to Diva in the hospital for a week and then me being laid off! And thats just with the four of us! However, 2010 was also filled with lots of blessings. Diva WAS born, and healthy at that. My little nephew was born, all 8lbs 11oz of him! I got to spend lots of time with Spidey and Diva because of that bedrest and job loss, and although it made for some tough times financially, I wouldnt trade it for the world. And we had the greatest Christmas weve ever had since Jay and I met. Weve grown tremendously as a couple, especially over the last month, and for that I say we are TRULY blessed!

Today marks 7 years since my Grammy died. She was such a wonderful woman, and I wish that both Jay and the kidlets were able to meet her. I wish that I wasnt so "busy" all those years she was around, and that I spent more time with her. I know that her, Titi, Grandpa, Vinnie, Uncle Mike and all of our other lost loved ones are walking beside us in our journey. Happy Anniversary in Heaven Grammy!

Last night we were able to spend some time with my other (and between Jay and I our only living) Gram. The kids had a great time and so did we. Good food and great company.

Its funny, growing up, I used to hate that my dad would always make us stay home New Years. I thought it was so dumb. Yet, now that I have my own kidlets, I see his reasoning behind it. You dont know how many more "New Years" youll have with the ones you love. How many times have you told yourself, "Ill call so-and-so tommorow, or Ill visit whats-her-name next week"? Dozens? Hundreds? Well let me tell you, life doesnt always give us tommorow, or next week. How would you feel if tommorow or next week when you called or visited it was too late? Yes, sopmeone might be young and healthy, does that mean their life is infinite? Nope. Ive know way too many that have died too young. So start living like your dying! I know thats my top resolution this year!

Happy New year! May it bring you health, happiness, and if theres still room some wealth :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying your new blog Kristin.
    Keep up the great work!
    Paul

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stalkers :)