Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What is love?

"Baby dont hurt me, dont hurt me, no more!"

Sorry, as I typed that out, all I saw in my head was Chris Kattan doing the neck bob and hearing that song! (now its stuck in your head too isnt it?! haha!)

In celebration of Valentines Day (were celebrating today!) I figured Id write a little post on love. How do you define love? Do you believe there is one person for everyone?



I asked Spidey what love was. The response was as follows: "love is something that youre heart is". So true my prince, so true!

Everyone's definition of love can be different. 2 1/2 years ago when I said "I do" I promised to stand by my husband, through thick and thin. Through sickness and health. Til death do us part. Did you see that last part? Til death do us part.

Now, Im not going to sit here and say that the last 2 1/2 years married, or even 5 1/2 years together have been all rainbows and sunshine. Hell, weve had quite a bit more storms then sunny days. But we have stood by each other through Id say almost every possible thing. And I can honestly say I am so happy that we are side by side today. We may not always get along (my in-laws can attest to that!) and we may both be (very) stubborn, but we get each other. I mean really get each other, and thats what REALLY matters. Its not about fancy things like trips or jewelry, its about real, true love. The kind you find in fairytales. And while ours might not be a fairytale all the time, when he looks in my eyes, and tells me how we'll someday be on our wrap-around porch sipping lemonade watching our grandchildren run around, I know he means it. I know he loves me, and he knows I love him. And thats all that matters. <3

Happy Valentines Day to my one and only, the only one I want to grow old with! Love you baby!


PS-Here is our wedding song, I found this guy on youtube, and he was sweet enough to record a studio version of the song for us. He is AMAZING! Check out his other stuff on youtube as well!

1 comment:

  1. I love that song as well and yeah, now it's stuck in my head LOL!
    Your wedding dress is beautiful :D

    I'm following and subscribing to your blog from "Mailbox Monday". Hope you enjoy your weekend! I have exams so I got to study :P

    http://leeblackbook.wordpress.com/
    http://lean-soldier.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stalkers :)