Friday, February 11, 2011

Oh, fat lady, I will miss our good times!

Ive done it. I have entered into hell. Ok well, not really hell, but this is what I imagine hell would be like. Jillian Michaels likes to call hell her "30 Day Shred". Its a booty kicking in a dvd. A wonderful friend bought it for me after I mentioned that I wanted it.




I have many friends who have either been doing it, or planning on starting it soon. I started it Wed night. All I can say is WOW. Its an intense (at least for lazy people like me lol) 20 minute workout consisting of abs, strength and cardio. No breaks, no rest. Wed night I started it (as did spidey haha). I am proud to say I made it throught the whole thing! Afterwards, though, I barely made it up the stairs :-X. Thursday morning brought an unusually less amount of soreness then I expected, but that didnt last. By Thursday night I wanted to DIE. Like, cut my head off, it will hurt less then this die. I am SO out of shape. Sigh.

What Im about to write is scary for me, and I am not even kidding. I am admitting to the world my measurements. My hope in this is that it will motivate me even more to get going and get back to bikini ready! (well Ill probably never wear a bikini again but you get what I mean!) So here goes....

Starting weight: 155.6
Waist: 39 1/4"
Thighs: 24 5/8"
Arms: 11 1/2"
Hips: 40"

Maybe tomo if Im feeling really bold I will take some before pics. Dont hold your breath though lol.

I have no hips, and no butt. Jay will attest to that.

I didnt do too much "healthy shopping this week, so most of my dinners werent the greatest diet wise. Next week watch out! I HAVE to do something about this. I never lost the weight from AJ. I lost alot when I was sick in the hospital that week. And then I put it all on. So I need all of YOUR help. Some healthy, tasty dinners. Fish recipes are ok for everyone else, but ::cough:: Im not a fish eater. Snack too please. Get my butt in gear! I would like to lose 20-25lbs. Is that realistic of me? With diet and excercise? How do you stay motivated?

I leave you with this delish (and pretty healthy) recipe I made tonight. It was the yum! And super easy. Had my name written all over it!

1 lb. pasta (I used whole wheat shells)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs.), diced
1/4 cup olive oil
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. salt
5 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1/4 cup white wine
2 cups mozzarella cheese

Preheat the oven to 350°. Set a large pot of water to boil. Once it comes to a rolling boil, salt it and cook the pasta until just al dente. Drain.

While the pasta is cooking, set a large skillet over medium heat. Once it’s hot, heat the olive oil then add the chicken. Brown the chicken on all sides – about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and simmer with the chicken until it’s fragrant and begins to turn golden – about 3 minutes.

Add the salt. spinach and white wine to the skillet and cook for an additional 3 – 5 minutes, or until the spinach begins to wilt. Toss the contents of the skillet with the pasta and place in a casserole dish. Cover with cheese and bake for 25 minutes.

Makes about 8 servings.

It was soo good. I didnt have the whole wheat pasta, which would have made it better, but I did use lofat mozz. So I made up for it a bit right? Right. Ok all, off to bed! Wish me luck! Anyone wanna hop on the train with me??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stalkers :)